Monday, April 26, 2010

Hybrid Cuteness

One of the April guests at ScrapMatters, Armina Designs, has this adorable pack in the store:


As soon as I saw it, it screamed "hybrid" to me! ;)
So I managed to squeeze in a couple of projects yesterday - I'm so glad I did, because they turned out super cute.
First, a set of bookmarks - I plan to give these to my parents. Lion for Mom and the zebra for Dad (his favorite team's symbol is the zebra).


Credits:
Papers from Animal Kingdom by Britt-ish Designs
Cute Clips 5 by Armina Designs

They're double sided. Yep, I laminated them - my experience so far with bookmarks tells me that this is the best way to go. Mod Podge also works, but it stays sticky for a few weeks - not good for books that have shiny pages.
Then I also made a card (which was the first idea I had when I saw the product in the store):


Credits:
Cute Clips 5 by Armina Designs
Stamp my ABCs by Britt-ish Designs
Font: Pea Olson

Most of my projects look better in real life than in picture, but this one especially! :-( I used crackle accents for the animals and mounted them on foam dots - they look really so cool, but you miss the dimension in the picture. Ah well...
I also completed the hybrid project for the May newsletter and I can't wait to show that off - won't be for a couple of weeks at least though. I haven't taken pictures yet and I'm dreading it because I know it'll be a pain to photograph. When DH saw it finished, he said he didn't expect it to be so cute: and this is the highest compliment, for me! ;) Sign up for the ScrapMatters newsletter if you haven't already. :)

2 comments:

sunghee said...

Awwwww~~~ so cute!!! Love how you created! Love both projects. I do love the crackled look!

Mari Koegelenberg said...

this is soooo adorable and cute!