Saturday, March 12, 2011

Live Your Dream Today

I swear I say this of every kit Jenn Barrette creates ;), but her latest collab with Dani Mogstad is the best kit ever!!! Check it out:


The colors and patterns are soooo amazing! I was inspired to do my very first ATC ever, for a challenge I saw on the simply ArTistiC blog.

ATC Live Your Dream Today

I loved this design so much that I turned this into a card as well, but I am not finished with it yet (I'm doing more stitching on that one and I haven't had time to finish it; we're going away for the weekend so it might be a few days before I post it). Truth be told, I decided to make a card mostly because when I prepared the digital version of the ATC to be printed out and cut with the Silhouette, it covered only half the paper, and I somehow cannot force myself to print and/or cut if I'm not making the most of my paper (is there anyone else out there who does this?). I wonder if I'll ever get over this! :) And for this time I glad I didn't, because as much as I LOVE the ATC, I love the card even more! :) I added some distressing and I think it's turning out really cool. Well, enough talking for now! :) OK, no, there's something else I wanted to tell you. Do you see the glitter on the one pinwheel? I wasn't planning on adding it, but since I fought with glossy accents quite a bit (I was trying to use it to glue down the pinwheel pieces but it wouldn't work, and it ended up tearing some of the paper) I decided to use it to cover the oopsies. I think it turned out really cute! It even passed the DH test: feeling wary after the staples incident, I showed him this ATC and asked him if it looked like there was anything amiss. He said everything looked pretty cool. Yay! :)

Jenn also has two new releases in her shop today (both are re-releases and they're both gorgeous), go check them out! Here are two peeks of what I did with them a while back:


No comments: