Friday, December 19, 2014

December Daily Update

I want to give you an update on how my December Daily album is progressing. Last month I talked a bit about what my plans were for this year, and it's time to check in and see how I am doing.
My plan for this year included: handmade album, with pages of different sizes; one story per day.
As fate has it, this December has turned out to be by far the busiest I have  ever had. I thought it would be hard to top last year's craziness, but it has indeed happened. In the past two out of three days I have been at the office from 8 AM to 10:30 PM. And I see no end in sight, yet Christmas is less than a week away. Ugh! So while I am not up to date with my December Daily album, given that I have very little time to work on it, I have made a little progress and I have been taking photos regularly and keeping track of what story I want to tell each day. I hope to get a good chunk of it done just before Christmas, because I know my inspiration dips significantly once Christmas Day has passed. 
I haven't bought any new Christmas supplies this year, but I have a sizeable stash to draw from and it is fun to finally use all these pretty bits that I had been hoarding.
Now it's time to show you some pictures of my album so far. I haven't worked on the cover yet - I will do it at the end since I need to see what size my album will have. But I plan to include this pretty gold star vellum paper at the front. of the album.


And here's what all my pages stacked together look so far. I have days 1-7 done at this point.


I love having pages peeking out. I think it adds a lot of interest to the album!


For December 1st, my story was about the tea advent calendar we got this year.


For this spread, I included a 3x4 pocket as a page to hold some journaling.


I like to include stamping in my album because I love stamps so much!


And now.. I'd love to hear from you! Have you been documenting your December? Leave me a comment and let me know!

No comments: