Monday, August 1, 2016

August Kits at Studio Calico: Young at Heart

Hello and happy August! As has been my tradition since January, I made a couple of hybrid pages using the digital releases from Studio Calico for the Young at Heart August kits. They are both 8.5"x11". From what I've seen of the kits, this is going to be a good month!


To make this page, I used these digital products:


The background was made repeating one of the journal cards from this set, and the hearts are cut out from another of the cards. I recolored the labels to match.


I stamped the title using an old 6x8 alpha stamp called Oliver, and since the colors turned out to be brighter than I expected (I blame it on the matte photo paper, which is awesome for printing, less awesome for stamping), I added some vellum to the bottom of the page to tone it down. I love the result!


To make this page, I used these digital products:


I fell in love with the design and colors of this greeting card by Jasmine Jones, so I used it as my background, combined with one of the 12x12 digital papers and a printable word strip.

I hope you have a great start of the week and month!

No comments: