Monday, January 16, 2017

Coffee Cup Mini Album

Hello! 2017 started pretty well for me and I have been on a roll. I started by cleaning up my craft space (since my desk had been cluttered for months and I had been using my kitchen table to craft... not good!), and then once that was done I jumped into a new project: a coffee cup mini album inspired by the awesome Wilna Furstenberg.


I am just so happy with how it turned out!!


I held on to this cup from Starbucks for many years (it's my favorite one ever), but finally I decided to use it, and I'm so glad I did! I added some watercolor paint and stitched some embellishments to the front cover.


I was inspired by Wilna's adorable bear illustrations, so I used a couple of bear stamps I had in my stash from Studio Calico. The one on the cover is from the Waldorf add on (sold out).


On the inside, I used 9"x12" papers by A Beautiful Mess (the black and white ones) and  papers by  Crate Paper (6"x6", and 12"x12" by Maggie Holmes).
This cute polar bear is from an adorable stamp set by Life Love Paper (still in stock if you are interested).


I also used some chipboard by Crate Paper to embellish my pages.


I added a black and white photo of my husband and me from 2016 to each spread.


Here and there, I added some watercoloring. This is the spread at the middle of the album - you can see the stitching I did to bind the pages together.


I love the mix of black and white and hot pink and aqua!


In most cases, I used both sides of the 12"x12" paper. The 9"x12" and 6"x6" papers were one-sided, so I glued them back to back.


And there is the back cover:


When assembling the album, I included a ribbon that can be tied to keep the album closed.

I am so thrilled with how this mini album turned out! What a lovely way to start the year.