Sunday, July 8, 2012

Project Life - Week 19, Week 20 and Week 21

Here's my long overdue Project Life update. I got behind when I went on a 1-week business trip, followed by my mom's 2-week visit, but the sad fact is that even after that, I've kept getting more behind. But I do have hopes that my life will miraculously settle down (I'm having an awfully busy summer at work :-() and I can get caught up. I am not giving up, that's for sure! Anyway, here are the last three weeks I completed.

I was not all that inspired by Week 19, but hey, it's one more week documented. :)

Project Life - Week 19

I did not have much to document this week.. I was home alone until the weekend.

Project Life - Week 19

I guess it's the color scheme that stumped me.. I do like how the right side turned out though, with the journaling cards - it must be a record, I used three cards from the Project Life Clementine kit on one page! ;-) Seriously, I never use the kit anymore, but I was delighted to dig up three cards that matched my color scheme so well!

Project Life - Week 19

I love the patterned paper on the top right. And I think the birthday card I made looks pretty cool too! :)

But let's move on. Week 20 was a good week for me. I was home alone, but I had a major achievement. I LOVE love love love how this week turned out. How is it that my hybrid intensive pages are almost my favorite ones? :-)

Project Life - Week 20

It's pretty obvious that I put together this spread after getting my new desk - the Silhouette-cut elements give it away easily! :)

Project Life - Week 20

Bright colors, cut outs, stamps, and glitter? No wonder I love how this week turned out! ;)

Project Life - Week 20

Here are some details. I used distress ink for the stamping (it was the only color I had that matched the color scheme..) so the details aren't 100% clear, but I like the look anyway.

Project Life - Week 20

I covered the star left over from the cut out with glitter. :)

Project Life - Week 20

I tried using a strip of paper in my DYMO. It totally worked! ;) I love the look!

Project Life - Week 20

A nice mix of stamps and printed digi elements. This spread turned out to be really thick, thanks to those flowers I added to it! My album is getting quite thick already - it will soon be time to switch to a new binder!

Project Life 2012

And here comes Week 21. I tried something new this week too (once again, thanks to the new craft space): embossing! :) I love it!!

Project Life - Week 21 

Do not fear, it's not that I need to remind myself of my name... ;) That one you see there was a name tag and I had to block out some personal details in these photos. :)

Project Life - Week 21 

This week is packed with photos and journaling! It made me think whether I am documenting too much.. I like to think that one day I will care about having all these details recorded, but I am not sure..

Project Life - Week 21 

That picture up there in the top right corner was taken with my iPhone from the plane - the quality is awful in this picture of a printed iPhone photo, but in person it looks quite cool, with the moon framed by the plane's wing. But let's move on to some details! Here are the embossing stamps I made.

Project Life - Week 21 

DH and I were on opposite sides of the country this week, so I had the idea of documenting it using a map of the US and our initials. This was my first experiment with embossing, and it was a go! :) So I added more embossed details throughout the spread.

I was almost done with this week - I was missing only the bottom left pocket on the right page - when I decided to use a stencil mask and spray paint to create a background. It turned out pretty cute, albeit a bit too white. But then, as I was about to clean out the stencil, I noticed there was a lot of paint on the stencil, so I used it as a stamp on another piece of cardstock. Bingo! :) This reflection had just the right amount of red to balance my page.

Project Life - Week 21 

The journaling on it is kind of hard to read though... and once again, too many words!

I included several instagram photos from DH. I love the look with the paper strip down the middle.

Project Life - Week 21 

Phew, that was a long post! Here are the credits for these 3 weeks.


Week 19:
Credits:
Insta-frame Templates by Sahlin Studio
Photo Collages no. 3 by Designs by Lili
Kissing Booth papers by Basic Grey
Amy Tangerine Thickers - American Crafts


Week 20:
Credits:
Social Butterfly by Jenn Barrette and Allison Pennington, available at The Lilypad and at Sweet Shoppe Designs
Cutouts: Everyday vol. 2 and Happy and Healthy for Life by Jenn Barrette
Customizable Journal Cards No.2 by Designs by Lili
Stamps by Studio Calico
Washi tape from InTheClear
Smash date stamp K&C company
Martha Stewart glitter
Prima flowers


Week 21:
Credits:
Studio Calico (paper from Abroad, and Mr. Huey spray, transportation and arrow wood veneer )
Pebbles (grid paper, from Hip Hip Hooray)
washi tape by Cavallini & Co.
Zing embossing powder
Stamps by Tim Holtz (enjoy the journey + grid) and Studio Calico (alpha)

Stampendous alpha stamps
Anywhere Thickers by American Crafts
See and Stamp alpha stamps
Smash date stamp K&C company
Photo Collages no. 3 and 6" Photo Strips by Designs by Lili
Insta-frame Templates by Sahlin Studio

1 comment:

Krista said...

WOW gorgeous pages... I want to know what the snack was that you brought on the plane...