Thursday, January 17, 2013

Happy Birthday The Lilypad!

It's The Lilypad's 6th birthday, and celebrations are in full swing!


There's a 30% store wide sale, and games galore in the forum, including my personal favorite - kiss the frog! :)


And to top if off, Sahlin Studio has a fabulous birthday collection new in the store today!


I used it to make a page for my 2012 Project Life album (one of the many weeks I haven't quite gotten to yet.. ;)), for the week of my husband's birthday back in November.

Project Life - Week 48

I made backgrounds from the gorgeous papers, and used the vintage cutouts and cards, borders and snipettes to embellish my page. All that was left to do was journal, and add some sewing. :) Here are some details. :)

Project Life - Week 48

There's a story behind the "cake #3" (and "cake #4" in another card below): this year DH actually got 4 birthday cakes with candles! Two were at a restaurant, one with friends, and the last at home. :)

Project Life - Week 48

I used the photo collages by Designs by Lili to fit all my restaurant photos in this pocket, an I added some journaling on a strip cut out of the papers.

Project Life - Week 48

Those vintage cards are so much fun! And this blue "happy birthday to you" is my favorite paper in the set, tied with the one I used in the title card. :)

Project Life - Week 48

This doggie was so cute, I thought it deserved its own pocket. :) I used my Silhouette to cut it out, as well as the Happy Birthday sign below. I sized the sign to be slightly bigger than the pocket because I wanted it to stand out, and I attached it with glue dots to the front of the page protector.

Project Life - Week 48

Yup, cake #4. :)

Project Life - Week 48

This one shown here looks like a paper, but it isn't - I just repeated a few times one of the borders, slightly shifted, and printed them out, because I loved the look! The presents were also cut out with the Silhouette.

Project Life - Week 48

Well, I hope you will take part in the celebrations at The Lilypad over the weekend!

No comments: