Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Project Life - Week 7

Warning: this is a picture heavy post! :) Here's Week 7 of my Project Life. This was Valentine's Day week and, given the number of photos (and stories!) I had, I originally thought I would need to add an insert, but I managed to squeeze everything in two pages. :)

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

The colors for this week are red and gold, inspired by the Chinese red envelopes that I included on the left page.

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

This was a fun week to put together!

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

Here are the details.

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

Lots of gold for this card. :) I own a couple of sets of gold thickers, and I settled for these curly ones because they were especially suited to represent the snake theme. ;) I also used these pretty Dear Lizzy 5th & Frolic gold foil mini letter stickers.

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

On the title card I used some heart sequins that have been in my stash for years, Amy Tangerine's new Yes Please calendar stamp (love!!) and my letter rubber stamps by ImageTree (EK Success). I used Colorbox pigment ink and Sharpie fine point pens.

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

I used the cool 3x4 Photo Templates by Designs by Lili for the journaling spots on this card and throughout the spread.

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

For the background of this card, I colored a Becky Higgins Project Life 4x6 grid card with an Elmer gold leafing pen (that thing stinks, but it is so pretty!! ;)) using a stencil by Studio Calico.

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

Just an easy photo collage and some digital journaling directly on it to save space. Man, was that a happy mail day!!

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

The newsflash stamp from the February Project Life Studio Calico kit was perfect to document a couple of events that have caught my attention.

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

This is one of my favorite parts of this week's spread! (see below for more pictures) The heart design is a digital freebie by Designs by Lili (check out her Facebook page); I turned it red, printed it out, and then covered it with Studio Calico Mister Huey gold. So fun!! ;)

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

More Studio Calico stamps stamped with Colorbox pigment ink, along with gold sequins. The alpha stamp is the Studio Calico Stepping Stone set.

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

I love this card too! The typewriter on the left was sketched with my Silhouette cutter and a sketch pen... it was my first time using the Silhouette to sketch, and I was amazed at how well it worked! This machine seriously was my *best*purchase*ever*!! The typewriter from the right is from the Studio Calico Heyday wood veneer pack, and I colored it with the Elmer gold leafing pen.

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

I really love this pair of cards too! I used the same stencil of the card and misted it with Studio Calico Mister Huey gold. I totally just bought the Starbucks gift card so that I could include it in my album. It was a tad too large to fit in the 3" wide pocket, so I cut off a bit with an X-acto craft knife. The card on the right is a free illustration by Samantha Hahn that I slightly recolored to suit my color scheme.

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

The card on the left, from the Feb. Studio Calico Project Life kit, was perfect to document our Valentine's Day! :)

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

I added some journaling on this card (from the Feb. Studio Calico Project Life kit).

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

The card on the left is from an adorable set by Mari Koegelenberg and Penny Springmann; I added a heart sequin on top of the nut - it looks black in this photo, but it really is red. :) Stamps by Studio Calico.

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

More collages and digital journaling. And this concludes week 7! But before I go, let me show you a couple more images of this pretty card.

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

It doesn't translate well at all in the photos, but the Studio Calico Mister Huey gold has a gorgeous shimmery look - so pretty!

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

As all my hybrid work, this was printed out on Canon matte photo paper.

Project Life 2013 - Week 7

I hope you enjoyed this week. ;) Thanks for staying with me till the end of this long post! :)

No comments: