Sunday, September 21, 2014

September M3

Yay! It's mixed media monthly time! Or M3 for short. :) This is only the second month of this new product offering from The Lilypad, and I have to say I have been pleasantly surprised both times by how much inspiration I get from these products. I am not a messy mixed media artist / art journaler, but I absolutely love all the projects I have made with the M3!

So how does this work? A new kit is released the 3rd Friday of the month. The subscription is only $7.99 per month, which includes the M3 kit, 50% off all add-ons and access to a private M3 subscribers forum with challenges and tutorials (including some tips from me!).


The designers are Just Jaimee, Little Butterfly Wings, Lynne-Marie and Quirky Heart. The M3 kit is a collaboration, and then each designer also has three individual add ons. I used these ones by Lynne-Marie:


Last month I made two hybrid layouts and 2 digi pages. This month, instead, I was inspired to make a hybrid mini album. This all came together very quickly Wednesday evening, in approximately 2 hours, and I am so thrilled with how it turned out!! The design part (done on the computer) took me 1.5 hours (this includes designing several cards for some pages of the mini album, while I also used ready made cards that are in the kit and add ons for other pages. I just love to give my own twist to things.), and another half hour to assemble the album.


I started by designing the card that became the cover, and that's how I got the idea to make a little album. All the pages were printed out on Canon matte photo paper.


I placed a black/white photo on each spread, and then have room to add my journaling on the side.


I also printed out some digital elements to add on top of my pages.


This is probably my favorite spread in the album - the paper on the right is gorgeous!!


The theme of this album is this summer, so I picked a few of my favorite photos of my husband and I taken over the last few months.


The photos were printed on Canon glossy photo paper.


I bound the little book using blue masking tape and some sewing.
I hope you enjoyed this little project!

No comments: