Friday, May 12, 2017

Kill My Studio Calico Kit: Apri - Film Club

Hello and welcome back for another month of Kill My Studio Calico Kit! This is the 13th installment of this series, and in total I have made a whopping (140) layouts. Yay me!
This month I got the Studio Calico scrapbook main kit, Film Club ($34.99 - and only $5 with a promotion that started that month with the code SCKIT5).


Notes: I really love the colors this month, and the epoxy stickers. The rest of the embellishments were a bit hard to work with at first, but I made them all work in the end.

Kill my Studio Calico kit is a monthly series I started on my blog to hold myself accountable and use up my kits. You can subscribe to the Studio Calico Scrapbook kit here.

Status: killed!
I made 10 layouts (7 12"x12", 2 8.5"x11", 1 9"x12"), for a total of $5, or $0.5/page. I supplemented the kit with some embellishments from the Project Life kit, plus some items from my stash (stamps, paints, and the odd embellishment). Here's a roundup of all the pages I made:


And here is what I have left:


Leftovers: I have some scraps of paper left, several chipboard letters (but I'm out of A's and O's, and I used the "1" flipped over to double as an "L" on a couple pages).

And here is what I made with the kit.


For the first page, I cut up the specialty floral paper with gold foil accents.


I love this one! I cut up some of the washi tape strips because I didn't have a use for them, and I used the words to make up my title.


Here I used the rest of the floral paper.


This was so fun to make! I used my new oxide distress inks to make the watercolored background.


Again using my distress oxide inks for the stamping - this was my first time using them and I wanted to map out the colors. I added some puffy stickers and washi tape from my stash.


The floral paper and the embellishments are from my stash.



I knew I wanted to use the gold star sequins on the red cardstock. I also sprayed the cork "you've got style" gold, and added some navy enamel dots from my stash.


I wasn't sure what to do with the yellow stickers from the kit, but here I paired them with some blue and pink chipboard embellishments, and mounted them on foam dots to give them dimension.


I love how this page turned out! This paper with the labels was my favorite in the kit, but I didn't like the look of it full page, so I cut out a strip here and used it for my long journaling.


This is a 9"x12" page for my travel album. I used up the rest of the ticket die cut numbers to mat my photo.

And that's it! Thanks for stopping by, and do eave me a comment if you like this series!
You can subscribe to the Studio Calico Scrapbook kit here.


No comments: