Tuesday, September 30, 2008

A LO at last!

I wasn't inspired this weekend so no scrapping (hehe I was too busy winning stuff - and there's more to what I posted!! Can you believe that??? :-) I also won a secret comment challenge at ScrapMatters and got a 5$ GC!! That place is so special that they have a prize every week for someone who leaves love in other people's galleries.. So I got myself this gorgeous kit I'd been drooling over all weekend:
).
Anyway, as I was saying, finally yesterday night I felt like scrapping. :) I did a challenge at CatScraps (even though I didn't use any of their products so I'm not really running for the challenge): we had to lift a page without seeing it, only knowing the description of the LO made by the scrapper who did it. Here's what I did:
Credits: 
Feels like home - collab kit by Ziggle Designs and B-Creative Designs
Stitching from Honeydew and staple from Juicy by Ksharonk Designs
Kraft Paper Alpha (recolored) - Designs by Tater
Font: My Own Topher
As you can see I started using some of the beautiful stuff I got this weekend: the kit by Ziggle Designs and the alpha by Tater. :)
I had to tweak the photo a lot, because even though I love this picture, the quality was really bad when looked up close.
I'm really happy with the result!
I never used a second paper on the page in this way, it's not really my style I guess, but I love the effect it does on this page! Another great reason to play in challenges: they make you do things you wouldn't do on your own!

Tonight, 9 PM EST, speed scrap at ScrapMatters! I'll have work to do tonight unfortunately, but I don't want to miss the speed scrap, so I'll be there!

No comments: