Friday, July 24, 2009

It's Here!!!!!!!!!!

Wohooooo! I cannot believe it yet but I have a new lens!!!!!!!!
I'd been thinking about getting a 50mm lens for several weeks, and yesterday DH brought me to try it out. We tried both the f/1.8 and the f/1.4. And then... we got the 1.4!!!!!!! The price was actually very good and we decided to go for the extra stop since I'm going to need it in low light situations.
I'm in heaven right now!!! ;)
So of course last night I scrapped some pictures taken with the new lens. This is for the new Roadmap to Scrap challenge at ScrapMatters, with these instructions:
  1. I want you to choose 3 photos for this layout - ONE of them (the focal photo) should be turned B&W or sepia. Feel free to get creative with selective tinting, too, if you'd like.
  2. Your background must be predominantly WHITE. It can have a subtle texture, but I want to see a white background!
  3. Choose three more patterned papers to use as you wish on your layout.
  4. The focal photo needs to be "hung" on the page from a metal embellishment of some sort.
  5. You can embellish however you like, however, I want to see the same embellishment repeated at least three times. You can use different sizes of the same element, but the same one should show up a minimum of three times (think visual triangle!)
  6. Please add some bling - I love bling and I've gotta see some of it on your page!
  7. Title your page with a black or white alpha (or maybe a black AND white alpha).
  8. Journal your page in a handwritten font of your choice and don't forget to include the date!


Credits:
Land of Fantasy by Britt-ish Designs and Sahlin Studio
All Stitched Up Alpha by Chelle's Creations
Mini Glitz Alpha Pack by Plum Dumpling Designs
Font: Pea Olson
Photo actions by Pioneer Woman set 1

I love this kit by Britt and Krista, it's just gorgeous!


I also used 2 new alphas out today - I'm such an alpha junkie, and these are just so cute!!


No comments: