Thursday, September 22, 2016

Preview the Studio Calico October Kits: Story Board

Hello and happy Thursday! Today is Preview day at Studio Calico (the kits are released on the 1st of October, but we have some sneaks to share today, and subscribers can purchase some of the new products at a discount and have them added to their kit box with no  additional shopping cost).

This month, I received the Story Board Documenter kit, and a Christmas stamp and paper pad. I was inspired to get my projects done right away, and I love how they turned out!

Here is an in-progress shot from when I was putting together a Project Life title card.

There are some cool chipboard shapes and gold alpha stickers included in the Documenter kit.

The colors of the kit are really pretty!

Here is a sneak at a sentiment on the stamp set - it's a 3"x4" set.

This has got to be my favorite thing I made this month - I layered a journaling card with some of the transparencies and the die cut numbers in the kit. I am using this in the title page of volume 2 of my Project Life album.


A few of the cards have gold foil details, which I always like. I also love the couple of handwritten cards.

Here I also used the mega date stamp to add the months.

The kit also comes with some phrase strips (gold foil on blue) and two flair badges.
Next, on to the cards I made:

The Christmas stamp set is truly gorgeous!

I tried out a few different designs, and it looks like it will be very easy to get my Christmas cards done this year!

This was a fun card to make - the background is all made with color theory dye inks, blended. Then I embossed on top.

And that's it for me!
You can view more sneaks of the kits and deals here. See you on the first for the full reveal! I shot an unboxing video too that I will be sharing at that time.

2 comments:

brinkleyboy said...

Great job on all your projects. Thanks for the sneaks. Does the Christmas stamp set have the phrase "Merry Christmas"? I always like sets that have that sentiment.

Cristina said...

Thanks! Yes indeed it does, you can see a sneak of it in the card with the red paper, I embossed it in gold. :)