Saturday, May 7, 2016

Kill My Studio Calico Kit: January - Arendal

Hello and welcome back for another month of Kill My Studio Calico Kit! I wasn't expecting to have this post up so soon, but I was inspired by National Scrapbooking Day and made 7 pages with Arendal today, so this kit is now killed!

This is the 7th installment of this series, and in total I have made a whopping 93 layouts. Yay me!
This month I got the Studio Calico scrapbook main kit, Arendal ($34.99, but I bought it at the kit sale they had in March for $17.00), as well as the Canal Street embellishment kit ($7 at the kit sale).



Notes: I really love the colors this month - pink and lavender and yellow. I love the puffy stickers and the frames in the main kit, and the puffy stickers in Canal Street.

Kill my Studio Calico kit is a monthly series I started on my blog to hold myself accountable and use up my kits. You can subscribe to the Studio Calico Scrapbook kit here.

Status: killed!
I made 9 layouts (4 12"x12", 5 8.5"x11"), for a total of $27, or $3.38/page. I supplemented the kit with some items from my stash (stamps, paints, cardstock and the odd embellishment).

And here is a look at what I made with the kit.


This was a fun page tom make! I used silkscreens and paint to add texture to the page.


I love how this page turned out!


I piled several die cuts, paper strips and frames on top of the busy background.


This is one of my favorite pages this month! I loved this photo so I kept it big for this page.


I toned down the card stock background a bit using gesso.


The strip of the paper with the numbers is from my least favorite paper from the kit this month, I couldn't bring myself to use more but I love the look of this strip on this page.


I used the mega date stamp on this page (it's getting restocked next month if you're interested!).


The lavender card stock was from my stash. I used the big letters from Canal Street as a mask and added mist on top (white and blue).  It turned out just as I'd hoped! The journal card is from the Documenter kit, and the cork snowflakes are from my stash.
And here is the last page, made the day after NSD.


My last page features a lot of hand stitching. The design was inspired by that awesome card from the Documenter kit that I was hoarding. I wish the black + gold would photograph better! Anyway I am thrilled with how this page turned out! The gold alpha and star embellishments are from my stash. I embossed the large number from Canal Street with grapefruit Zing embossing powder.

And what wraps up this month! I hope you are enjoying this series. All items were purchased by me and if you use the affiliate inks in this post I will happily receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you. Thanks to those who left comments on my Kill My Studio Calico Kit blog series - I will keep going!
You can subscribe to the Studio Calico Scrapbook kit here.

No comments: