Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Goodbye ScrapMatters!

After many years, it is time for me to say goodbye to ScrapMatters. It has been my digi home for three years so allow me to reminisce a bit. :) I have been on the CT there for over two years, and the hybrid CT leader for almost two years. Yes, it has been a very long love affair. I did my very first speed scrap at ScrapMatters. I still remember the summer of 2008, when the site reopened with lots of games and prizes during the Olympic Games, and I was instantly hooked. The community at ScrapMatters has always been friendly and supportive, and I felt at home right away. I got into hybrid because of the It's In the Cards challenges there, in October 2008 - I fell in love with hybrid and the rest is history! I won a guest spot on the CT by finishing in the top posters for Queen of Scrap in 2009; during my guest spot I applied to the hybrid creative team call and got accepted, thanks to Kari's (then hybrid CT leader) and the other hybrid designers' support; a few months later Kari left to be a designer at Jessica Sprague's shop, and I was asked to be the hybrid CT leader. In my role as hybrid CT leader I met my best digi friend, Kim (kimbytx), who was asked around the same time to become digi CT leader. Kim and I have been through a lot together: CT calls, designer assignments, and much more. I have met so many good friends during my time at ScrapMatters, and have been endlessly inspired by incredibly talented scrappers - I am especially in awe of the rockin' hybrid girls! I hope to have inspired people with the monthly hybrid tutorials I wrote for the newsletter first, then for the quarterly magazine. I met many of my all-time favorite designers at ScrapMatters, some of whom have asked me to be on their CT (Jenn and Krista, I wub you!!). I value tremendously the opportunity to work with the newsletter team - such a talented bunch of ladies! It was a pleasure to collaborate with so many wonderful people and I will be forever grateful for being part of the team at ScrapMatters. It is now time for me to move on, but I will carry these special memories in my heart.

No comments: