Saturday, June 14, 2014

Embossing Love

A couple months ago, I took the plunge and bought a manual die cutting machine. After considering the options (namely the Cuttlebug, which is smaller and less sturdy), I decided to get the Big Shot. My main motivation to buy it was to use it with wafer thin dies, but I also bought an embossing folder, just to try it out... and I have fallen in love with embossing!

I really love the results! Here are a few cards I made for my Project Life album.

 photo letterpress2.jpg
Embossing folder: Amy Tangerine


 photo letterpress3.jpg
Embossing folder: Tim Holtz

 photo letterpress2.jpg
Embossing folder: We R Memory Keepers

 photo letterpress2.jpg
Embossing folder: Cuttlebug (left)          Tim Holtz (right)

I have been playing with creating a faux letterpress look. I just used some Hero Arts shadow inks for this card.

 photo letterpress2.jpg
This one is probably my favorite plate set! By We R Memory Keepers

Seriously.. embossing, where have you been all my life?? ;)

1 comment:

itsallrosi said...

These are awesome!

I love my Big Shot. The platform is big enough for those Tim Holtz Sizzix dies which I love.

My favorite embossing folder is the Papertrey Canvas/Linen. It goes with everything.