Monday, March 16, 2009

Concert LO - How to Save a So-So Picture

I wasn't in the mood for scrapping tonight, but then I got inspired and ended up doing a page I'm actually very pleased with! :)

Credits:
Paper from Party Hat, buttons from Little Bits and date stamps from Project 365 - 2 (all with some recoloring) by Sugarplum Paperie
Font: My Own Topher

The best part is that this is not a photo I was planning to scrap because while (quite extraordinarily! ;) ) DH turned out pretty well, all the members of the choir around him are either making funny faces or are moving around like crazy (there was very poor light so I needed a longish esposure - 1/20), or both!
Selective coloring and some cover-up elements really worked well here!
Had I cropped the picture, the impression of DH being in a choir would have been completely lost!

So, I'm really happy I took pictures at the concert, despite the poor light and the difficulty of shooting when DH wasn't hiding behind the music or making ugly faces. ;) Another major drawback is that I felt really uncomfortable taking pictures because of the shutter noise.. I'm pretty sure nobody even noticed, but that didn't help me avoid feeling guilty as I was shooting. :)

No comments: