Friday, January 15, 2010

Fun with Cards

I've had fun making a couple of cards this week! They're all for the It's in the Cards hybrid challenge at ScrapMatters. Every 2 weeks, you get a free template for your card! Anyway, I had fun trying out some new techniques/products. I was so inspired by Tim Holtz's blog that I decided to pick up a few of the supplies he uses in his creations, since I am totally green for anything that's related to paper scrapbooking. It turned out a great way to start! So, first off, this card, using stickles and foam dots:



Credits:

Template by LuAnn (wildblueeyez)
Day by Day : January mini-kit by Chelle's Creations


Here's a close up:



OK, I gotta confess: when I designed my card in Photoshop, I planned to print out the penguin along with the paper behind it, but when I prepared the page to be printed, I separated them by mistake. Since the scarf fringes and the ice skates are doodled, it would have been impossible to cut around them with a craft knife, so I decided to use stickles on top of them. And it totally makes this card! Having just the penguin on foam dots makes the card really adorable. :)

Have you seen how wonderfully sweet this new collab by Erica and Denise is???



I'm totally in the mood for Valentine's Day, since I did a project for the SM newsletter this month (it's going out as I write, so it'll reach your inbox soon if you're signed up to receive it) that is Valentine related, and I needed a card to go with it. :)



Credits:

Template by Sharon Dale
Heart's Content by Denise Beatty Originals and Erica Zane


For this card, in addition to the foam dots, I used distress ink to ink the edges, for the first time!! ;) I LOVE it!! ;)


No comments: