Friday, July 2, 2010

Showing Off a Couple Hybrid Projects with Red River Paper

Lately, I've been using exclusively Red River Paper for my projects. I was lucky to get a sample of their papers and they have a great variety of papers, all with excellent quality.

I made some hybrid coasters for the June newsletter at ScrapMatters and I love how they turned out!! I gave them to my DH for our 3rd wedding anniversary.


Credits:
All by Sahlin Studio
Papers from: Season of Giving, Vintage Worn & Torn Papers, So Grateful add on

I used a spray sealer to protect the papers. I used the Red River Linen paper for this project - I love the texture of it! Here's a closer look of the printed paper before I cut it out:


Don't you just love that texture? :) And the colors are so bright, too!

I am a big fan of matte papers for my hybrid projects. One of my favorite papers is the Polar Matte by Red River Paper. For this project, I tried the Premium Matte Plus paper (their second best matter paper after the Polar Matte) and was very happy with the results. I did this for the July Getting Hybrid challenge at ScrapMatters: bottle cap magnets! I asked DH what subject he wanted these magnets to be; he answered "something with bees", so Britt's kit was just the perfect one for me! ;)


And here are my magnets:


Credits:
Friendly by Britt-ish Designs
Glossy Accents

I used Glossy Accents and as you can see there is very little to no bleed at all (I LOVE Glossy Accents but they do tend to bleed colors, ugh) - the Red River paper did a great job. Aren't these magnets adorable? ;)
Have a good weekend! I'm hoping to get crafty this weekend, even though my top priority is photography.

1 comment:

sunghee said...

LOVE LOVE the tiles and the magnet! What a great ideas, and it looks great!