Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hybrid Wonder

I did another LO for the It's In the Cards challenge at ScrapMatters (this is my 4th card) and I really cannot believe how well it turned out!!

I started with the digital design and produced this:

Credits:
Template by Scrappy Kate
Whimsical Wonderland - collab kit by Nicole Seitler, Flergs, Amanda, Kristi, Shawn, Franziska, MGL scraps, Jaque, TrishH, Adrinae, Idzi, Amy&Lauren, Ellie Lash.

Then I started wondering what those squares had to do with Christmas.. Not much..
And I had the greatest idea: turn them into gift boxes!
So I bought some ribbon, and once I assembled my card, here's what it looked like:

I printed the background (including the tree) on normal paper, and glued it with Mod Podge to a card. Then I brushed the tree with Mod Podge so it would contrast with the background.

Detail of gift boxes:


I printed the boxes on photo paper, wrapped the ribbon around them, and attached them with glue dots.

Detail of tree:


The trimmings for the tree were printed on normal paper, brushed with Mod Podge, and attached with glue dots.
I also attached a blue star like the one on the tree inside the card.

I seriously cannot believe I made this card!!!!! :-D

No comments: