Thursday, October 23, 2008

My 1st Hybrid LO

Inspired by a challenge at Sugarplum Paperie, I just finished my first hybrid LO!
I did an 8.5x11 inches page on a recipe: I want to to a page for all our favorite recipes, and after I finished this one I must say it was easier than I feared!
So here's what I did.
First, I planned the LO on the computer, and did this (click image to enlarge):

Credits:
Glitzy Bits, Bleached Cardboard by Sugarplum Paperie
Alpha from Chilled Wine collab by mgl Scraps and Sugarplum Paperie
Font: My Own Topher
I printed the title, ingredients, garnishes and instructions on normal paper, cut them out and brushed a thin layer of glossy-lustre Mod Podge over them.
Then I printed the picture of the dish on glossy photo paper and cut it out.
I finally glued everything on a cardstock with Mod Podge and... tadaa:

(sorry the photo is awful!)
It turned out really really well!
I simply *love* the texture given by brushing the Mod Podge, and how it contrasts with the shiny photo:

So this really was easier than I thought, and now I have the first recipe for my cookbook!

No comments: