Last week I sat down with my sewing machine and played a bit. After the first, disastrous experiment, it was all downhill. ;) I feel like I have mostly mastered my sewing machine, and I've had lots of fun sewing on my Week 1 spread. I also made these journaling cards last week:
I just punched out a few shapes and sewed them on. Easy peasy. I still have the occasional mishap (notice how the journaling card at the top doesn't have any thread... it slipped out twice when sewing it, so I gave up and just glued the strip in place. I ended up liking the punched look. :) ), but it's mostly going well now. The trick was staying calm, and trying to push down the pedal slowly and smoothly. I have only used straight stitches so far, so I certainly have more to practice. :) Fun, fun!
YouTube Live Replay | Flat Shaker Halloween Cards
13 hours ago